B.Tech in Computer Science and Business Systems (CSBS) programme is offered in association with TCS from the Academic Year 2020-21 with an intake of 60. Computer Science and Business Systems is an Industry relevant Computer Science Programme launched by TCS. To address the growing need of engineering talent with skills in digital technology, TCS, in partnership with GPREC, has designed a curriculum for 4 years undergraduate program on Computer Science titled “Computer Science and Business Systems (CSB).
This curriculum aims to ensure that the students graduating from the program not only know the core topics of Computer Science but also develop an equal appreciation of humanities, management sciences and human values. The students are also exposed to emerging topics such as Analytics, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things etc to make them industry ready at the end of four years of study.
The course focuses on enhancing the following key attributes among graduating students:
- Understanding of Contemporary Technology
- Understanding of Technology Abstraction
- Knowledge of Common Business Principles
- Business Discipline and Service Orientation
- Innovation Ability
- Strong in Ethics and Life Values
The department aims to become a leader in the field of education, training and research in emerging technologies of computer science with managerial skills and social values.
M1: To facilitate competent Industry Relevant Education through Teaching Learning process.
M2: To inculcate interest on Research and Innovation through critical thinking.
M3: To impart values and ethics for prospective and promising engineering.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes:
PSO1: Design, Identify and Apply Computing techniques and resources for solving real time engineering problems.
PSO2: Identify and Understand financial, global and ethical aspects of business.
PSO3: Understand technical, managerial and decision making skills in emerging technologies of Computer Science and Business Systems.
Program Educational Objectives:
Students will be able to
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of the under graduate programme in Computer Science & Business systems(CSBS) at G. Pulla Reddy Engineering College (Autonomous) Kurnool are to prepare graduates to possess the ability to
PEO1: Analyze, Design and Develop computer based systems and applications using emerging areas of Computer Science and Business systems.
PEO2: Be engineering professionals, innovators, entrepreneurs engaged in their profession with social awareness and ethical values.
PEO3: Work in teams in multi-disciplinary areas to address the needs of society.
PEO4: Adapt to emerging technologies by engaging themselves in lifelong learning.
Board of Studies
|S.No||External Members||Internal Members|
Professor of CSE
Head of CSE Dept &BOS Chairman,
|2||Dr. A. Suresh Babu
Professor and HeadCSE Department
Professor of CSE
|3||Dr.S. Nagendra Kumar
Associate Professor of CSE
University of HyderabadHyderabad
Professor of CSE
Sr. Scientist, Adrin(ISRO) Hyderabad
Professor of CSE
|5||Dr. P.Jagadeesh Chandra Bose
Assoc. Professor of CSE
PROGRAM: B.Tech (CSBS)
SYLLABUS FOR II, III, IV B.TECH : Scheme-2020
SYLLABUS FOR HONOR DEGREE IN CSBS : Scheme-2020
SYLLABUS FOR MINOR DEGREE IN DATA SCIENCE ( Non CSE Students) : Scheme-2020
Minor And Honors Programmes Equivalent Moocs Courses: Scheme-2020
The department has the following student forums
- IEEE-Computational Intelligence Society
- Business Wizards
The department is conducting various activities under these forums. The details are:
- Group Discussions
- Coding Contest
- Technical Quiz
- Paper Presentations
- Poster Presentations
- Mock Interviews
- Guest Lectures On Emerging Technologies
- App Challenge
Computer Science and Business Systems Department helps its students to enrich their abilities by encouraging critical thinking through programming skills. The department has well equipped laboratories to train students in order to advance their theoretical knowledge and sound practices of the profession.
Equipped with latest configured DESKTOP PC’s ( Lenovo Think Center Neo 50S – i5 12th Generation processors ) with licensed softwares that enables the students to program in C, C++, and JAVA etc.
Equipped with latest configured DESKTOP PC’s ( Lenovo Think Center Neo 50S – i5 12th Generation processors ) with licensed softwares that enables the students to program in DBMS, Machine Learning and Data Mining etc.
- Organized a Five Day FDP on “Recent Trends in Computer Science” from 20th, Dec 2022 to 24th, Dec 2022.
- Organized a Five Day FDP on “ ETL – DataWarehousing Tools” from 31st ,Oct 2022 to 04th, Nov 2022.
Dr R. Praveen Sam
Guided Eight Ph.D Scholars.
Sponsored Research Projects:
- Principal Investigator for the Minor Research Project titled “Developing Disaster Management Applications using Mobile Ad Hoc Network Testbed” sanctioned by UGC for an amount of Rs.2,40,000/-.
- Program Coordinator for AICTE Sponsored 3 Day Faculty Development Programme on Student Induction at GPREC.
- Chief Coordinator for AICTE Sponsored Margdarshan Scheme
Author of a Text Book entitled “Computer Organization and Architecture” published by Lambert Academic Publishing in September 2014.
Book Chapter Contribution:
Ø Contributed a Book chapter entitled “ An impact of robust Industry 4.0 strategy on supply chain management” as Chapter 4 in Cloud Analytics for Industry 4.0 , Volume 6 in the series Smart Computing Applications published by De Gruyter Book Publisher International.
Ø Contributed a Book Chapter entitled “Recent Survey on Voice to Text Conversion” as Chapter 11 in the Current Approaches in Science and Technology Research Vol. 2 published by Book Publisher International.
Ø Contributed a Book Chapter entitled “Speaker Identification Using Machine Learning: Advanced Study” as Chapter 3 in the Emerging Trends in Engineering Research and Technology Vol. 7 published by Book Publisher International.
Filed a patent titled “A Smart Comb with Machine Learning “and published in the Patent Office.
Granted a patent titled “An Intelligent Torchlight” for 20 years from 2021 in accordance with the provisions of the Patents Act, 1970
· Research Publications in National and International Journals/ Conferences:
International Journals: 83
National Journals: 01
International Conferences: 18
National Conferences: 12
- Received the Prestigious “ Adarsh Vidya Saraswathi Rashtriya Puraskar” by Glacier Journal Research foundation Global Management Council , Ahmedabad in the years 2019 and 2021
- Received Best Teacher of the G. Pulla Reddy Engineering College award during the academic year 2018-19.
- Received “BEST PAPER AWARD” in International Conference on Advances in Signal Processing, Power, Embedded, Soft Computing, Communication and Control Systems (ICSPECS -2019).
- Received “BEST PAPER AWARD” in 4th IEEE International Conference on Engineering Technologies and Applied Sciences held at AMA International University, Bahrain in 2017.
- Editorial Board Member in Glacier Journal of Scientific Research, International Journal of Massive Parallel Processing and Grid Computing, International Journal of Data Structures and Algorithm, International Journal of Wireless Network Security.
- Reviewer of British Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science, British Journal of Applied Sciences & Technology, International Journal of Physical Sciences, Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Research, Journal of Scientific Research and Reports, Scientific Research and Essays, International Scholars Journals.
Dr. K. Govardhan
- Received Yuva Acharya Award in year 2022.
- Author of Text Book “Fundamentals of Wireless Sensor Networks – Theory Perspective” by GCS Publishers, India in the year 2022.
- Editorial Board Member of A R Research Publications & Conference World
- “Research Excellence Award” in the year 2022
- APSET 2014, UGC-NET 2019
- Wipro Certified Faculty (WCF)
- Young Scientist Award in the year 2022
- Certificate of Recognition for PEP-2021 from EPAM Systems India Private Ltd, Hyderabad.
- Published Three Text books :
- ICT and Development from AGPH Publishers
- Universal Human Values by GoodWriters Publishers
- Data Analytics With Python
- “A Smart 3-Dimensional Vision Tool with an Integrated 8-Dimensional Audio Wave Optimization System” Published
- “Smart Mouse” – Grant by UK
- Faculty Development Program (FDP)
- Convener of an FDP with eminent International Speakers on “Recent Trends in Computer Science” from 20th December – 24th December 2022
- Co-Convener of an FDP on “Amazon Web Services” (AWS) from August 22nd – 26th 2022 in association with Brain O Vision.
- A total of 66 students of VI SEM CSBS have undergone Internships on Cybersecurity and Ethical Hacking offered by Microsoft Certiport, web development by BOLT, Cybersecurity virtual Internship by Palo Alto Network Academy of Eduskills.
- M. Pavitra, of III CSM has secured First place in Dist. Level Elocution Competition held in the occasion of “Minorities Welfare Day & National Education Day” on 11th November 2022, by the Govt. of India.
- A student M. Manichandana of VI SEM CSBS achieved a Google certificate on Google Analytics Beginner and Google Analytics Advanced.
- A total of 7 students D. Bhavani, J Praneeth, D Chenna Keshava Reddy, K. Siva Bharathi, P. Rupa, G. Sai Nikhil and M. Bilva Sai Eswar have participated in Smart India Hackaton 2022 at Bombay.
- A total of 8 students P. Bala Varsha, R. Sadhik Vali, D Chenna Keshava Reddy, K. Siva Bharathi, P. Rupa, M. Bilva Sai Eswar, N. Sowjanya and B. Pavithra have participated in Smart India Hackaton 2022 at Bombay.
- A total of 7 students of III SEM CSM, 12 students of III SEM CSBS, and 12 students of III SEM CSD have achieved a certificate of Unstop Code Run Hackaton.
- A total of 56 VI SEM CSBS students have participated in a one day workshop on Cyber Security on 30th September 2022 conducted by NIIT Foundation and CISCO.
- A total 51 students of III SEM CSM, 51 students of III SEM CSBS, and 52 students of III SEM CSD have completed courses and achieved certificates offered by Infosys Springboard.
- A total 20 students of III SEM CSM, 7 students of III SEM CSBS, 6 students of III SEM CSD, and 4 students of VI SEM CSBS have achieved certificates on LabView.
- A total 61 students of VI SEM CSBS, 1 student of III SEM CSM, and 5 students of III SEM CSD have achieved certificates from CISCO Network Academy.
- A total 9 students of III SEM CSD, 1 student of III SEM CSM, and 2 students of III SEM CSBS have achieved certificates from BOARD platform.
- A total 31 students of VI SEM CSBS have completed the C and 48 completed CPP on spoken tutorials.
- A total 5 students of III SEM CSBS, 1 student of III SEM CSM, and 5 students of VI SEM CSBS have achieved certificates from GOOGLE AWS.
- A total of 19 students of III SEM CSM, 7 students of III SEM CSBS, 21 students of III SEM CSD, and 45 students of VI SEM CSBS have achieved a Microsoft certificate on Azure AI and Data Fundamentals.
- M. Pavitra, of IV Sem CSM has secured First place by participating in “Speech on Nature” in a State Level College Fest organized by K.S.R.M College of Engineering, Kadapa on 13th April 2023.
|S.No||Student Name||Date||TopicName||Event Name|
|1||M. Bilva Sai Eswar||Aug-22||Visualization tools for interpretation of ground water level management system, Mumbai||Smart India Hackathon|
|3||K. Siva Bharathi|
|4||N. Jason Praneeth|
|5||M. Bilva Sai Eswar||Oct-22||Develop and deploy an application for customer care registry||IBM Hackathon|
|6||K. Siva Bharathi|
|7||D. Chenna Keshav Reddy||Oct-22||NFT sales analytics dashboard||IBM Hackathon finals|
|8||R. Sadhik Vali|
|9||P. Varsha Bala|
|11||A. Zayba||Oct-22||Agile Methodology” & ”Grab Your Business||GitHub|
|15||K. Krishna Karthik|
|17||P. Varsha Bala,|
|18||K. Siva Bharathi,|
|19||M. Sai Eswar,|
|20||D. Chenna Keshav Reddy|
|23||D. Chenna Keshav Reddy||Oct-22||Problem Theme on Speech-to-Text and language translator||Smart India Hackathon finals at Kolkata|
Subject Materials :
|S.No||Subject Name||Developed By|
|1.||Formal Language and Automata Theory||Dr. K.Ashfaq|
|3.||MR& MM Branding||G.Alekhya|
|4.||Introduction to AI||V.Suresh|
|6.||Computer Organization and Architecture||S.Shabana Begum|
|7.||Digital Logic Design||S.Shabana Begum|
Areas of possible cooperation to explore interactive avenues between academics and industry has led to mutually beneficial results. The academics without industries and its support is incomplete. Therefore the faculty members continuously interact with industries and dig out areas of cooperation so that the institute derives mileage in terms of projects, expert lectures and training programs for its students. The industry from this interaction is also benefited for getting support and expertise for testing, training and R&D related activities.
Innovative learning is the process of creating an atmosphere where students learn about new things regularly, question them, and think of new ideas on their own. It can also facilitate group explorations that can help in developing skills like learning from others, growing, and developing harmony amongst themselves, which will later help them in the future while managing a huge team as a Creative Leader. Teachers build the spirit and nature of the room. Innovative teaching ideas, which support learning, questioning, exploring, and taking risks, form the foundation of innovative education.
CodeTantra- Click Here
Innovation Teaching Methodologies – Click Here