INNOVATIVE TOOLS USED FOR IMPLEMENTING EFFECTIVE TEACHING-LEARNING PRACTICES :
The institute offers the following innovative instructional methods and pedagogical initiatives which are being implemented in each program.
- All Class rooms are equipped with ceiling-mounted LCD Projectors and wall mounted projector screens. This facilitates in creating the opportunities in teaching and learning by integrating computer, multimedia, audio-visual, and network technologies in addition to traditional teaching and learning practices.
- The Google classroom is an innovative tool which is very effectively used in our campus for every course to conduct online classes, assignments, quizzes and upload course plans, eBooks, course materials, video lectures, question banks etc. It helps the students to come prepared to the class.
- The registration and participation of students in MOOC Courses like NPTEL, Coursera and Edx are evidence of their self learning capabilities. These courses enable them to enrich their subject knowledge, give an exposure to recent technological advancements and also serve as a platform to strengthen their interdisciplinary skills. It is also considered as a key for lifelong learning.
- Innovative learning platforms like Hebeon, EBox and MOODLE are made available in the Institute for students and faculty members. The MOODLE provides the flexibility for the faculty to conduct online classes, quizzes, assignments and post the lecture materials to the students.
- Hebeon and EBox learning tools are used for providing different programming languages to learn and practice which creates the exposure among students to enhance their coding skills.
- The students are having the flexibility to use the Examly.io portal which offers various practice tests in Quantitative aptitude, verbal and nonverbal reasoning and programming skills.
- To create awareness, enhance research activities and promote innovations through Entrepreneurship Development Cell the institute started the Innovations and Incubation Centre with adequate incubation spaces in the campus.
- To create awareness on research areas and enhance the quality of research publications, the R&D cell of the institute has taken SCOPUS institute membership.
- Co-curricular and extracurricular activities are conducted every weekend to motivate the students and to improve their problem solving capabilities, leadership abilities, multi-disciplinary skills, team work and awareness on professional ethics and critical reasoning abilities. These activities include Webinars, Aptitude Training, Social Awareness & Community Development Programs, Entrepreneurship Development Programs, Critical Thinking, Group Discussions, etc..