The department is one of the three departments with which the college was established in the academic year 1984-85 with intake strength of 60 per batch, now it is increased to 120 per batch . The Department is having M.Tech course with Structural Engineering as Specialization.The department is having all necessary labs with good equipment required for UG students. The department produced a large number of qualified engineers, majority of whom settled well in India and abroad. The scheme of instruction and syllabi of subjects are revised at regular intervals to incorporate the latest topics as per the needs of Civil Engineering Profession, such as Auto CAD, STAAD, Remote Sensing and GIS etc.
To make the Civil Engineering Department at G. Pulla Reddy Engineering College (Autonomous), Kurnool; a leader in the education of practice-oriented Civil Engineers that benefit industry and society.
M1: To prepare students for a career in the Civil Engineering Profession by providing technical knowledge and skills imparted by the team of faculty adopting an effective teaching learning process.
M2: To produce quality Engineers who are capable of meeting the demands and challenges of the profession by focusing on latest practices.
M3: To inculcate in its students leadership abilities,research capabilities, ethical values and work culture that would lead towards the betterment of the society.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The educational objectives of the under-graduate programme in Civil Engineering at G. Pulla Reddy Engineering College (Autonomous), Kurnool are to prepare graduates to possess the ability
1.Apply a broad, fundamental-based knowledge, and technical skills required for achieving professional success
2. Carry out design works in Civil Engineering, using relevant software tools, following appropriate procedures, keeping the economic and environmental aspects in view
3. Follow the professional ethics in the practice of the profession showing concern for social responsibilities.
4. Pursue a professional career aimed at effective management of resources and focus on lifelong learning and research.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
The Civil Engineering Graduates can :
1. PSO1:Plan, analyse and design the components of Engineering structures and transportation systems and estimate the cost of construction.
2. PSO2: Design and execute the construction of water resources projects and water distribution systems, using Engineering investigations and surveys.
3. PSO3: Implement the established procedures for conducting laboratory and field investigations on soils and engineering materials aimed at ensuring quality in execution of civil Engineering projects.
4. PSO4: Demonstrate professional ethics and implement the project management principles including project finance, leading to execution of projects as per design requirement using technical skills and relevant software.
CIVIL Engineering – Non Teaching Staff – Click Here
Professor of Civil Engg
JNTU College of Engineering
HOD CE & Chairman, BOS
Professor of Civil Engineering
University College of Engineering
Osmania University, Hyderabad
Professor of CE
| Dr.C.N.V. Sathyanarayana Reddy
Professor of Civil Engineering
Andhra University College of Engineering Andhra University, Vishakapatnam
Professor of CE
|Sri. Narasimhulu Degala
Deputy Manager (Planning Department), Enel Green Power India Pvt.Ltd, BLP Energy, Bangalore, Karnataka
Professor of CE
Structural Engineer, Eastman Chemicals Pvt.Ltd, Hyderabad
Associate Professor of CE
SYLLABUS FOR I B.TECH : Scheme-2010 Scheme-2013 Scheme-2017(Common for All Branches) Scheme-2020 Scheme-2023
SYLLABUS FOR II, III, IV B.TECH : Scheme-2010 Scheme-2013 Scheme-2017 Scheme-2020
MOOCs as equivalent for MLC and Global Elective : Scheme-2013
Minor And Honors Programmes Equivalent Moocs Courses: Scheme-2020
SYLLABUS FOR HONORS DEGREE IN CE : Scheme-2020
PROGRAM : M Tech(Structural Engineering)
- Seminars and other activities under IEI students’ chapter
- Technical visits to various engineering projects/construction sites
- Participation in technical symposiums/conferences for presentation of technical papers/posters
- Attending guest lectures/demonstrations arranged by the Department involving academicians/field experts sharing their knowledge and expertise
- Skill development programmes for improving communication abilities at the Department and Institution levels
- Interaction with industry experts through meetings/sessions/presentations arranged by the Department
- Participation in various events/programmes organized by various cultural/service/literary forums functioning at the Institution levels
- Participation in physical fitness activities/sports and games conducted by relevant sports bodies/committees
- Exposure to practical aspects of civil engineering profession through student internship to promote interaction with industry
The department has relevant labs with good equipment for the practical learning required by UG students.
Name of the Laboratory
Available Floor area
|Engineering Geology Lab
|Environmental Engineering Lab
|Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machinery Lab
|Geotechnical Engineering Lab
|Material Testing Lab
|Structural Engineering Lab
|Transportation Engineering lab
The laboratories are Modernized by adding equipment periodically, to meet the requirements of revised schemes and increased intake. The following are the highlights.
|Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machinery Lab provided with latest equipment of re-circulated water tanks.
|Transportation Engineering Lab provided with additional Equipment like Bump Integrator, Field CBR apparatus, Dutch Cone Penetrometer.
|3 Nos of Total Station and one Digital Level purchased for Survey Lab.
|All the Labs furnished with furniture and accessories.
|Computer lab :- Number of systems added and required softwares procured.
Common facilities shared with other Departments :
The Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machinery Laboratory and Material Testing Laboratory of Civil Engineering Department is shared with II B.Tech. students of Mechanical Engineering Department.
DEPARTMENT LIBRARY :
The Department has established its own library in the year 2003 to supplement the Central library, for issue of text and reference books and IS codes to the students. Project work reports are also made available in the Department library for reference by faculty and students.
At present, total No. of books and C.B.Ts available in the Department library are as follows:
|IS codes & IRC codes
|Project work Reports
|Mini Project Work Reports
- Four times Accreditation by the NBA of AICTE in 2005,2008,2013 and 2017
- Recognition awarded by JNTUA, Anantapuramu as a Research Centre eligible to offer full time Ph.D. programme
- Accreditation given by IEI
- Wide range of consultancy services offered to major Government / Semi-Government / Private organizations in areas of testing, evaluation and design.
- Structural Engineering laboratory upgraded with addition of 100 tonnes capacity loading frame equipment
- Conferences / Workshops conducted to help academia/ field engineers keep abreast of advances in practice of Civil Engineering profession
- Steady increase in number of publications by faculty
- Received grants under MODROBS scheme for Transportation Engineering and Material Testing laboratory
- Publication of Technical News Letter to create awareness among students involving their contributions
- “Best Teacher Award” by State Government received by two senior faculty members
- “Life Time Achievement Award” for excellence in Engineering teaching by ISTE for a senior faculty member
- Text books authored by two faculty members at UG and PG level
- Senior faculty acting as evaluators for Doctoral thesis in Engineering of Universities in the region
- Several faculty members appointed as BOS members for reputed Engineering Institutions of the region
- Faculty members nominated on various committees as members at District level
- Number of faculty acquiring highest qualification of Ph.D. showing a steady growth in the last few years
- Major and minor projects sanctioned by funding agencies like AICTE/ UGC to three faculty members
- Faculty actively engaged in publishing their work(s) in reputed International/ National Journals and Conferences
- Number of placements achieved by students showing steady growth
- Several students joining Central/State Government services successfully completing the recruitment process
- Number of students qualifying for higher studies through examinations like GATE, PGECET, IELTS etc., on the increase
- Students getting sponsorships by prestigious organization L&T Ltd., under “Build India Scholarship” scheme for higher studies and employment
- Number of recipients of “Prathibha Award” from the State Government, for academic excellence at UG and PG level
- Active and growing participation in paper presentation contests/symposia/technical events
- Several students represented the Institution/University in various sports/games meets and events
- Recognition in the form of awards/prizes won by students in literary/cultural activities and competitions
- Two students launched their own Start-ups in Technology/Engineering areas