The department of EEE was established in 1994 with the aim of importing high quality technical education in the area of Electrical and Electronics Engineering with an intake of 60. The intake was increased to 120 from 2008 and is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur, Ananthapuramu. The department is headed by Dr. K. SriGowri. The department has a strong pool of faculty with 15 Ph.D.’s and 8 M.Tech.’s. It boasts of having highly qualified faculty with an unparalleled level of expertise in their field. The pure expertise and dedication of the faculty members along with infrastructural facilities coupled with perseverance of the students have catapulted the branch to the top league. Break up of teaching staff is 4 Professors, 10 Associate Professors and 9 Assistant Professors. Active research is going on in the areas of Power Systems, Power Electronics & Drives and Control Systems.
To transform the individuals into globally competent electrical and electronics engineers to realize technological needs of the society and to develop the department into an ideal education and research center..
Mission1: To impart high quality education and enhance students’ skills to meet the present needs by introducing concurrent trends in curriculum and through collaborative industry institution interaction.
Mission2: To share and disseminate expertise for use in the solution of problems faced by electrical & electronics engineering and by the society.
Mission3: To mould the students into responsible citizens with social, ethical and environmental awareness.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Programme Educational objectives (PEOs) of the under graduate programme in Electrical and Electronics Engineering at G.PullaReddy Engineering College (Autonomous), Kurnool are to prepare graduates to possess the ability to
PEO1. Apply fundamental knowledge and up-to-date skills required in the field of electrical and electronic engineering in industry, academic and government sectors.
PEO2. Contribute to society as broadly educated, expressive, ethical and responsible citizens with proven expertise.
PEO3. Work as well-grounded professionals as an individual or as a team leader or member for problem solving.
PEO4. Act with global, ethical, societal, ecological and commercial awareness expected of practicing engineering professionals.
Programme Specific Outcomes: (PSOs)
PSO1. Specify, architect and analyze power systems that efficiently generate, transmit and distribute electrical power in the context of present Information Control Technology (ICT).
PSO2. Analyze, design and test the performance of modern electrical machines, drive systems and modern lighting systems to suit the need of industry.
PSO3. Specify, design, implement and test analog and embedded systems using the state of the art components and software tools.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
The Programme Educational objectives (PEOs) of the under graduate programme in Electrical and Electronics Engineering at G. Pulla Reddy Engineering College (Autonomous), Kurnool are to make the students to attain
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Program Students will be able to
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM : B.Tech
INTAKE : 120
ACADEMIC REGULATIONS FOR UG (B.Tech): Scheme-2010 Scheme-2013 Scheme-2017 Scheme-2020 (Revised)
PROGRAM : M.Tech (Automation and Robotics)
INTAKE : 12
ACADEMIC REGULATIONS FOR PG (M.Tech): Scheme-2013 Scheme-2017
PROGRAM : FULL TIME Ph.D
Board of Studies
Professor of EEE & Rector JNTUA
|Dr.K. Sri Gowri
HOD EEE & Chairman, BOS
Professor of EEE
JNTU College of Engineering
Professor of EEE
|3||Dr.K. Ramesh Reddy
G.Narayanamma Institute of Technology & Science
Professor of EEE
|4||Sri. M. Raghav Krishna
2008 EEE, IISC, Asst. Manager, R&D
Medha Servo Drives
Associate Professor of EEE
|5||Dr.E. Paul Braineard
Assistant professor IIIT Sricity
Professor & Dean of EEE
PROGRAM : B.Tech
SYLLABUS FOR I B.Tech : Scheme-2010 Scheme-2013 Scheme-2017 (Common For All Branches) Scheme-2020
SYLLABUS FOR II, III, IV B.Tech : Scheme-2010 Scheme-2013 Scheme-2017 Scheme-2020
MOOCs as equivalent for MLC and Global Elective : Scheme-2013
Minor And Honors Programmes Equivalent Moocs Courses: Scheme-2020
Syllabus For Minor Degree in EEE : Scheme-2020
Syllabus For Honors Degree in EEE : Scheme-2020
PROGRAM : M.Tech (Power Electronics)
SYLLABUS FOR M.Tech (Power Electronics): Scheme-2013 Scheme-2017
PROGRAM : M.Tech (Automation and Robotics)
SYLLABUS FOR M.Tech (Automation and Robotics): Scheme-2022
I. SEMINARS ON VARIOUS TRENDS IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS FIELD
Seminars were held in the forum so as to improve the communication skills to the students. On behalf of technical forum, students delivered seminars on various informative topics.
- Siva Krishna, 169X1A0259 presented a seminar on “Display of Circular/Notification sent directly to Class Room” IV Year Section A & B, III Year Section A & B, and II Year Section A & B students.
- Guna Vamshi presented a seminar on “Advanced Submersible Pump” to IV Year Section A & B, III Year Section A & B, and II Year Section A & B students.
- Venkata Siva Prasad presented a seminar on Innovative Ideas
- Guna Vamshi interacted with IV Year Section A & B, III Year Section A & B, and II Year Section A & B students on Summer Internship at “KIA Motors”
- Prabhakar Babu interacted with IV Year Section A & B on “Cyber Crime Victims”
- Masoom Basha presented a seminar on “RTI Act Amendment”, “Article 370”
- Guna Vamshi of III Year shared Innovative idea, “Speed Limit Indications and Automatic Control of a Car on Highway”, “Electrical Energy Harvesting by Centrifugal Force”
- Ravi Teja and Tejeswari conducted a Webinar on “Bolt IoT Internship” III Year Section A & B, and II Year Section A & B students
- Pranitha Reddy of IV year interacted with girl students on “International Girls Day”
- L Venkateswara Reddy presented a Seminar on “ Arduino and its working”
- Dharani Srinivas presented a Seminar on “Power of Internship and how to get one”
- Harish Kumar Reddy presented a Seminar on “Importance of Electrical Engineering”
- II Year IE(I) Members presented a Seminar on Innovate – Your IDEA
- L.Shafi presented a Seminar on “Corruption”
- Shanmukha Vaishnavi presented a Seminar on “Interview Skills”
- Bhagyalakshmi presented a Seminar on “Problems faced in my interview”
- Y Balaji presented a Seminar on “Skill development for job”
- Harish presented a Job Opportunities in III year Engineering
- Siva Krishna presented a Seminar on “HTML, CSS, Java Learning”
- Chakradhar presented a Seminar on “Graphic Designing”
- T Koushik presented a Seminar on “3D Printer”
- III-B year IE(I) Member seminar on “3D Printer”
- Pranitha Reddy, Shyam, Babu presented a seminar on Introduction to MATLAB
- Anusha & Ameena presented a seminar on Brain Its Behaviour
- Gayatri presented a seminar on Introduction to AI
- Venkata Krishna presented a seminar on Awareness on core jobs
- Manindra Reddy presented a seminar on Seminar on “High Voltage Engineering”
- Koushik presented a seminar on “Introduction to python programming”
- Dinesh kumar presented a seminar on “Rafale”
- Masoom Basha presented a Seminar on “Environment Pollution”
- Venkateswari presented My interview Experience in CTS
- Manindra Reddy presented My interview Experience
- Shiva Krishna, Kannan and Shafi presented Baby book GK questions and Answers
- IV year IE(I) Members presented “About my Project”
- IE(I) Members presented a Seminar on IOT and PPDT
- Dharani Srinivas, T.Srinath Reddy presented a Seminar on Renewable energy
- Ameena, G. Anusha presented a Seminar on Sources of Energy (Renewable)
- Shanmukha Vaishanavi presented Seminar on Governors and Flywheel controls in power system
- Sharanya presented a Seminar on Learning content management system
- IE(I) Members presented a PPT on vapor compression and absorption refrigeration
II.Group Discussions, Technical Debate and Spot events
- A Group Discussion was conducted on “Hard work Vs Smart Work” for IV Year Section A & B, III Year Section A & B, and II Year Section A & B students
- A Group Discussion was conducted on CAA for IV Year Section A & B, III Year Section A & B, and II Year Section A & B students
- Conducted JAM for IV Year Section A & B, III Year Section A & B, and II Year Section A & B students by K.Siva Krishna 169X1A0259
- A Group Discussion was conducted on “Disha” for IV Year Section A & B, III Year Section A & B, and II Year Section A & B students
- Aptitude Quiz was conducted for II year Section A & B students by J.Pavani, 189X1A0214, B Swetha, 189X1A0204
- Technical Quiz was conducted for IV year Section A & B students by K.Siva Krishna, Sowmya, SL Shafi C. Sai Kannan, Ayesha, Koushik
- Aptitude Quiz was conducted for III year Section A & B students by L.Venkateswara Reddy, Likhitha, 189X5A02B3, SattarVimal, Althaf & Faiz
- Logical Reasoning quiz was conducted for II year section A & B, III year A & B students by Y.Revati 179X1A02B1, Y Sindhuja 179X1A02A9
- Logical and Lateral Thinking quiz was conducted for II year section A & B, III year section A & B students by K.Sireesha, 179X1A0254
- IT Questions with Puzzles, Facts of India Quiz conducted by K.Sireesha, 179X1A0254, S.Sravani
- L Venkateswara Reddy presented a “Demo on P-Spice Software”
- An Interactive session was conducted with TCS, CTS, GGK, TCS selected candidates for all II Year students
- Debates are conducted on “Pros and Cons of Social Media”, “Ideas on Modern Technology and its usages “, “Future Goals and Ideas on upcoming Technologies”, “Cause behind failure of Start-Ups”, “Is Technology raising unemployment”, “Is population in India an asset?”, “Cricket as obsession is a bane to other sports in India”, “Impact of Social Networking”, “E-Learning Pros and Cons”, “Is population in India an asset?”, “Technology”, “Present Education System”, “Impact of Social Media on Society”, and “Theoretical Knowledge Vs Practical Knowledge”, “State of Unity”
- IE(I) Members conducted Group discussion on “Awareness and Precaution of Electric Shock”, “Who can make better leadership”, “ Problems facing by the Farmers”, “EVMs” “Energy Conservation and its Importance”, “War against Pakistan”, “Why Engineering”, Technical Discussion on MATLAB, “IoT”, “Embedded System”
III. Guest lectures, Workshops and Industrial Visits
- II-B Year students, 30 in number visited Solar Power Plant (GPREC) on 06.08.2019
- II-A Year students, 31 in number visited Solar Power Plant (GPREC) on 09.08.2019
- On 08.08.2018, 130 III Year Students visited SHAR-SDSR, Sriharikota, Nellore
- On 05.10.2018, 150 III Year Students visited 765KV Power Grid Substation, Orvakal
- On 06.01.2018, 133 IV Year Students visited 765KV Power Grid Substation, Orvakal
- On 23.12.2017, 130 III Year Students visited Srisailam Right Bank Power Station
- A Guest Lecture is conducted on “A Demo on Graphical Programming Language- LabVIEW” by Dr. Abid Nayeemuddin, Associate Professor and Incharge LabVIEW Academy of NI, USA.
- SWAYAM (online) Problems to meet individual needs
- Sri Amudan GREEKO, HYD presented a Guest Lecture on “Energy Conservation”
Year 2016-17 is a memorable one for the PES students’ chapter because of their active involvement in IEEE at GPREC. It achieved 14th position across the world in IEEE and 5th place across the Regio10 Asia Pacific countries and received an amount of 361 $US for its outstanding performance in High Performance Student Branch Chapters Competition 2016.
1. Mr B. Abhinay of final year student certified as “Lab VIEW Developer” by National Instruments, USA on 27th July 2017.
2. Ten EEE students certified as “LabVIEW Associate Developer” by National Instruments, USA on 1st March 2017.
3. The student chair of GPREC IEEE SB Ms Suraiah Thaseen is very efficient in organizing and conducting events at GPREC and always aim for the benefit of student community. She is very much passionate about IEEE. Her major achievements are Received financial support from IEEE Hyd in attending R10 congress based on her activeness in IEEE Hyd section. She was one of the Ambassadors of IEEE Xtreme 10. 0 programming competition and IEEE Day 2016.She was selected as IEEE Young professional activities Representative for Hyderabad Section for the year 2016.
4.Ms Shaik Suraiah Thaseen of 2013-17 batch received active volunteerism certificate for organizing IEEE TES 2016 (Technology Entrepreneurs’ Summit 2016).
5. Mr M.C. Hitesh, Mr Leela Sai Bharadwaj of 2013-17 batch and their team are very much instrumental in achieving 14th position under High Performance Student Branch chapters Awards 2016 (HPSBC) of IEEE PES chapter.
6. Ms Farhath Tasleem and Ms Vijayalakshmi of 2014-18 batch were selected as volunteers for Hyderabad Section for the year 2016.
7. Mr Munawarvasae and Mr Indra Reddy of III EEE 2014-18 batch were selected as Editorial board members for IEEE Compute.
8. Mr G. Vijay Bhaskar of 2015-16 batch was selected as an Ambassador for IEEE Day celebrations for the year 2017 in IEEE Hyderabad Section under IEEE Region 10.
9. Mr L Sai Bharadwaj of 2013-17 batch and Ms Farhath Tasleem of 2014-18 batch were selected as Hyderabad Section Network Team for the year 2016.
10. Ms V. Pujitha of 2012-16 EEE batch got an opportunity to represent IEEE Hyderabad Section as WIE Student Member for Region 10 WIE congress held at Colombo Sri Lanka in 2015.
11. The WIE AG achieved I and II prizes during the IEEE WIE Congress held on 18th & 19th October 2014 at Hyderabad.
12. GPREC IEEE PES students’ chapter stood at 5th place as per IEEE Region 10 (Asia Pacific countries).
13. IEEE Student branch successfully organized IEEE Ananthapur zone WIE Congress in association with IEEE Hyderabad WIE Affinity group.
14. Ms Meghana of 2012-16 batch got an opportunity to work as Student Network representative, Core Committee member of SSC’15 of IEEE Hyderabad Section during the year 2015-16.
15. Mr Sheshunath Kotra of 2012-16 batch got an opportunity to be as student representative and Co-Lead organizing team of IEEE Ananthapur Zone ZSC’15 during the year 2015-16. He got an opportunity to work as Student Network representative, Documentation team member of SSC’15 of IEEE Hyderabad Section during the year 2015-16 and also IEEE day Section Ambassador for the year 2015 and also IEEE India council student member.
16. Mr K. Narasimha Tirumala, of 2012-16 batch got an opportunity to work as Student Network representative, also part of organizing team of SSC’15 of IEEE Hyderabad Section during the year 2015-16. He was also Section ambassador for promoting IEEEXtreme-9.0 in 2015. And took part in many IEEE events such as AISC-2014, Kaizen 3.0-2015, IEEE India Strategic Initiative’s EDP and SIPP July 2015, AIYSC-2015, AICSSYC-2015, CSIS-2016 etc.
16. Within a short duration after the formation of student branch, it received Emerging Student Branch Award under Hyderabad Section during IEEE Student Section Congress held on 23rd & 24th August 2014, for its activeness in organizing various events.
VI. EELS Association
The students in general learn the things through regular class room teaching, interaction with the faculty, laboratories and other methods of learning. Apart from these, the students will learn and improve their skills when there is a platform for them in which students of different categories are present and also various events such as Technical and Non-Technical are being conducted regularly with their involvement by taking the guidance from the faculty.And also appreciation of students for their active involvement may still help the students to become much more vibrant in order to meet the industry standards. Hence to provide a platform for the students, the department of EEE started an Association of Students with the members from II year to Final year and with a specific Name i.e EELS (Ebullient Electrical League of Students). Also this association motivates the students of EEE department, organize co-curricular activities, extra-curricular activities etc. which caters the need for their overall development in all aspects. In support of this many premier institutes such as IITs, NITs etc encourage such students associations through which the students proved themselves in organizing very big national events like Shastra (IIT Chennai)etc. In a similar way the students of GPREC should develop themselves which paves the way for GPREC to become THE BEST in engineering education for students and also for the industry requirements.
|S. No||Name of the Laboratory||Total Cost|
|1.||Electrical Machines Laboratory Equipped with Benn make DC Motor-Generator sets, Benn make DC motors, three phase induction motors, induction generator, three phase Alternator-DC Motor set, Synchronous Motor-DC generator sets, universal motor, single phase transformers, 3 phase variacs, single phase variac, AC & DC distribution board and the auxiliaries required to conduct the experiments.||23,68,025-00|
|2.||Power electronics Laboratory Equipped with modules of power semiconductor devices like 1-Ф Rectifiers, Dual converter, PWM Inverter, cyclo converter, AC Voltage controllers with unidirectional and bidirectional switches, chopper, Power scopes, RPS, rheostats, Isolation transformers, power semi conductor devices characteristics study unit, Intel make computer systems, MATLAB software.||10,76,325-00|
|3.||Drives and control laboratory Equipped with D-SPACE control board, TMS 28335 DSP control board, Cascaded Multi level Inverter fed induction motor drive, Dual inverter fed open end winding induction motor Drive, 2-level inverter fed induction motor Drive, Rectifier and chopper fed single and multi quadrant DC motor Drives, 3-Ф AC voltage controller for induction motor drive, slip power recovery schemes for induction motor drives, DSP based speed control of BLDC motor Drive, 4-Channel and 2-channel Digital storage Oscilloscopes, current probe, Voltage and current sensors, 3-Ф isolation transformers, Induction and DC motors, Intel make computer systems, MATLAB and code composer studio software packages.||38,14,185-00|
|4.||Control systems & Automation Lab Equipped with Intel Core i3 systems installed with MATLAB & Siemens PLC software, PLC training kit, Human Machine Interface using Siemens PLC Drive, PLC based speed control and fault detection in induction motor, automatic water level control, temperature monitoring, Traffic light control. Oscilloscopes, trainer kits, DC servo motor, compensation network, 1st and 2nd order control system, stepper motor, PID controller and 5 kVA stabilizer.||10,85,865-00|
|5.||LabVIEW Academy Equipped with Intel core i3, 4GB RAM,500GB HDD Computer systems, NI LabVIEW Academy Software, NI myRIO Kits, myDAQ, NI ELVIS, Embedded Systems kits, bio medical sensors, Robotics accessories Mechatronics Kits.||68,47,650-00|
|6.||Power systems lab Equipped with 220 kV EHV ac transmission line simulator, Numerical Relays and Electromagnetic relays (over current, distance, directional and differential), 3-phase transformer, three phase Alternator-DC Motor Sets, Oil test kits, Mi-Power software, e-TAP software.||12,74,123-00|
|7.||etap –Power System Simulation LaboratoryEquipped with Intel core i3, 3GB RAM,500GB HDD Computer Systems with the following Software package • Single user with V16.0 for research purpose • 20 User with V14.0 for final year students projects and • 20 User with V12.6 for Power System Laboaratory||6,88,125-00.|
|8.||Microcontrollers lab Equipped with Intel core i3, 3GB RAM,500GB HDD Computer systems, F28335 peripheral explorer kit with code composer studio (BSP) compatible with VisSim for model based system design, MSP430G2x launch pad development kit, TI MSP430F2013 starter kit and teva series development board.||12,74,580-00|
|9.||e-Yantra-Robotics Laboratory Equipped with Intel core i3, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD Computer systems, Fire Bird V 2560, Spark V Robot, Fire Bird V P89V51RD2 adapter card, Fire Bird V LPC2148 adapter card.||3,45,684-00|
|10.||Electrical circuits lab Equipped with Computer Systems for simulation, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, air core transformer, Dual channel RPS, single channel RPS, Rheostats, voltmeters and ammeters.||5,98,000-00|
|11.||Electrical Measurements Lab Equipped with Phantom Load Kit, Single phase energy meters, All DC and AC bridges, RPS, single phase variac, Tong testers, digital, LCR meter, Current Transformer, Power Factor Meter.||2,72,902-60|
|12.||Electrical Technology lab Equipped with three phase induction motor, three phase Alternator-DC Motor set, Synchronous Motor-DC generator sets, single phase transformers, single phase variac, and the auxiliaries required to conduct the experiments.||5,37,555-00|
Achievements of the Department
- Department has been accredited by NBA for four times.
- Intake of B.Tech programme has been increased to 120.
- Department has successfully organized an IEEE International Conference on “Power, Control, Communication and Computational Technologies for Sustainable Growth (PCCCTSG) 2015 in Association with IEEE Hyderabad Section as Technical co-sponsor on 11th and 12th December 20152015 in which Dr Bimal K Bose, IEEE Life Fellow, Emeritus Professor University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA , Prof M.H Rashid, professor of University of West Florida, USA and Prof Raj Kumar Buyya, Director, Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems (CLOUDS) Lab, The University of Melbourne, Australia. Were among the well known academicians who attended and also presented keynote addresses during this conference. Also Pro M H Rashid Best pa-per awards were given for the best work and paper presentations in each track which was initiated by Prof M H Rashid.
- Department has established an Internet of Things (IoT) Laboratory.
- Department has established an e-yantra robotics Laboratory in association with IIT, Bombay.
- Department has established MoUs with Technical organizations such as National Instruments, USA and Texas Instruments, Bangalore.
- Department was recognized as a Research Center by JNTUA, Ananthapuramu.
- IEEE SB received Emerging Branch Award for the year 2014 from IEEE Hyderabad Section.
- IEEE SB received Vibrant Branch Award for the year 2017 from IEEE Hyderabad Section.
- Department of EEE, GPREC Kurnool has started LabVIEW academy on 12th December 2015 in association with National Instruments.
- A Two Day Student Level Event was organized in the name of “JIGNASA” from 22nd to 23rd December 2014, in G Pulla Reddy Engineering College(Autonomous),Kurnool. During this event the Dept of EEE made the events under title “Sanketha”, Through which Symposium, Technical Quiz, Robo Mania and Poster Presentations were conducted.
- IEEE Student Branch of GPREC, Kurnool organized a three international level workshops during 10th to 12th December 2015 on Out Come Based Education, Renewable Energy, Smart Grid and Micro grid and Cloud, Big Data and IoT, Dr. Muhammad H. Rashid, Professor and well known author, University of West florida, USA and Dr. B.K. Bose Professor and well known author, University of Tennessee, USA and Dr. Rajkumar Buyya, Professor, University of Melbourne, Australia were the speakers respectively
- The department is also generating fund through its consultancy cell by testing transformer oil and meters regularly.
- The IEEE PES student chapter of EEE dept organized a Two day workshop on “Renewable Energy and Smart Grids” on 21st & 22nd March 2016 to encourage Academicians, Industry Persons, Research Scholars and PG students towards innovative research ideas in Renewable Energy Resources and Smart Grid Applications.
- Department of EEE organized a Three Day workshop on ―NI my RIO Hardware‖ during 29th-31st August 2016 . The GPREC faculty attended this workshop.
- Department of EEE conducted, A one day Faculty development programme (FDP) on e-tap Software for GPREC faculty with power systems specialization on 28th December 2016.
- In order to enhance the research and development activities in wide areas, the department of EEE of our college identified IoT as one area where there is an ample of scope for the R&D, the Department took initiation in organizing a one day workshop on Whyzbee-IoT Applications‖ as a part of IEEE IAS students’ chapter of GPREC on 10th February and 25th March 2017 in association with Red Pine Signals Company, Hyderabad.
- Electrical drives lab is established with latest drives such as DSP and dSPACE-1104 based drives.
- Computer centre is updated with latest software and systems.
- Department library is updated with new titles
- Improved Placements
- E-Class room is established
- R&D Centre/ Research Laboratory is established
- LabVIEW Academy is established in association with NI
- Controllers Lab is established in association with TI
Achievements of the Faculty
- Dr.T. Bramhananda Reddy received best Teacher award from JNTUA on 15th September 2021.
- Dr.T. Bramhananda Reddy Granted Rs. 12,88,235/- under AICTE MODROB scheme during 2019-2020.
- T. Bramhanada Reddy ,Professor and HOD of EEE has organized an IEEE International Conference on “Power, Control, Communication and Computational Technologies for Sustainable Growth (PCCCTSG) 2015 in Association with IEEE Hyderabad Section.
- T. Brahmananda Reddy, Professor and Head received AICTE MODROBS project in the year 2017 for establishing.
- T. Brahmananda Reddy, Professor and Head appointed as Technical Paper Reviewer for IEEE Trans. On Power Electronics & various IEEE Conf.
- T. Brahmananda Reddy, Professor and Head Biodata was cited in “Marquis WhosWho in the World” 2008-09 and “Marquis , WhosWho in the Science and Engineering” 2007-08.
- T. Brahmananda Reddy, Professor and Head published two Text Books with Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.
- Y.V. Siva Reddy, Professor appointed as Vice-Chair for IEEE Ananthapuramu subsection.
- K. Sri Gowri, Professor published a Text Books with Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.
- G. Kishore published two Text Book s with Cengage Learning India Publishers, New Delhi.
- Abid Nayeemuddin has been certified by National Instruments, USA as LabVIEW Software Developer.
- Abid Nayeemuddin published a book on “Continuous discontinuous & level shifted PWM algorithms for IM Drive” available at Lambert academic publishing house, Germany.
- G. Satheesh, Associate Professor published a Text Books with Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.
- G.Satheesh, Associate Professor of EEE Department was awarded Doctorate of Philosophy in faculty of Electrical Engineering by JNTU Kakinada in the year 2015 .
- M. Siva Sathya Narayana, Associate Professor of EEE Department was awarded Ph.D. degree in faculty of Electrical Engineering by JNTU Hyderabad, in the month of December 2014.
- V.Anantha Lakshmi, Associate Professor of EEE Department was awarded Ph.D. degree in faculty of Electrical Engineering by JNTU Hyderabad, in the year 2015.
- G. Kishor, Associate Professor of EEE Department was awarded Ph.D. degree in faculty of Electrical Engineering by JNTU Ananthapuramu, in the year 2016.
- M. Harshavardhan Reddy, Associate Professor of EEE Department was awarded Ph.D. degree in faculty of Electrical Engineering by JNTU Ananthapuramu, in the year 2017.
- L Rajshekhar Goud, Professor of EEE Department was awarded Ph.D. degree in faculty of Electrical Engineering by Rayalaseema University, Kurnool , in the year 2017.
- B. Urmila, Associate Professor of EEE Department was awarded Ph.D. degree in faculty of Electrical Engineering by Rayalaseema University, Kurnool , in the year 2017.
- C.Harinatha Reddy, Associate Professor of EEE Department was awarded Ph.D. degree in faculty of Electrical Engineering by Rayalaseema University, Kurnool , in the year 2017.
- Abid Nayeemuddin, Associate Professor of EEE Department was awarded Ph.D. degree in faculty of Electrical Engineering by JNTU Ananthapuramu, in the year 2019.
- .C. Harinatha Reddy received IEEE Region 10 HTA project fund of 250$ US for the project on “ Technological Solution to prevent accidents and pollution in Automobiles” in the year 2017
Achievements of the Students
- MsSuriahThaseen of 2013-17 batch received the IEEE Region 10 Best student volunteer under women category for the year 2017.
- Ms S Sravani of IV EEE stood at First position in Third Year during 2013-2014 academic year.
- Preethi of III EEE stood at first position in II year during 2013-14 Academic year
- Seshunath and M.Meghana secured First place in paper presentation (EYE-2K15) held at JNTUA, Ananthapuramu.
- Meghana attended a workshop on Roboversity and secured Best Innovation Award.
- Meghana attended a workshop on The Aerotrix super Challenge at IIST Trivandrum and secured Best Fabrication Award.
- SaiSudheshna and V.Pujitha attended a short term course on water corporation and secured B-Grade.
- R.Abhinay (129X1A0293) of III EEE received Merit Certificate from Sky-Fi company, Bangalore during a workshop conducted by them.
- N Mohan (119X1A0269) received 2nd Prize in Innovative idea contest during IEEE WIE Section congress meet in October 2014.
- M.Meghana (129X1A0275) & Mr. K.Sheshunath (129X1A0245) received 2nd Prize in Poster presenta-tion during IEEE WIE Section congress meet in October 2014.
- K.Suchitra (139X1A02B7) and Ms.C.Deepika (139X1A0222) of III EEE received 1st prize in Make in India in 11th ISTE Student Convention conducted by BITS, Kurnool.
- K.Sheshunath (129X1A0245), Mr. K.Suryanarayana (129X1A0247), Mr. K.SujitSubramanyam (129X1A0246) of IV EEE received 1st prize Project Expo in 11th ISTE Student Convention in conducted by BITS, Kurnool.
- K. Narasimha Tirumala (129X1A0244), Mr. K.SujitSubramanyam (129X1A0246) of IV EEE re-ceived 1st prize in Lawyer up event conducted by SSN College of Engineering, Chennai.
- Ms S Sravani of 2011-2015 batch received Sri G.Pulla Reddy Gold Medal award for being topper of EEE during 2014-2015.
- Preethi (2012-2016) batch of III EEE received K.Vidyulatha Memorial Merit scholarship for overall performance in EEE branch upto third year during 2014-15 Academic year.
- Preethi (2012-2016) batch of III EEE received Sri G.Pulla Reddy Gold Medal award for being topper of EEE during 2015-2016.
- S.S Dinesh (2013-2017) batch of III EEE received K.Vidyulatha Memorial Merit scholarship for overallperformance in EEE branch upto third year during 2015-16 Academic year.
- The academic year 2016-17 is a memorable one for the PES students’ chapter because of their active involvement in IEEE at GPREC. It achieved 14th position across the world in IEEE and 5th place across the Regio10 Asia Pacific countries and received an amount of 361 $US for its outstanding performance in High Performance Student Branch Chapters Competition 2016.
- The student chair of GPREC IEEE SB MsSuraiahThaseenis very efficient in organizing and conducting events at GPREC and always aim for the benefit of student community. She is very much passionate about IEEE. Her major achievements are Received financial support from IEEE Hyd in attending R10 congress based on her activeness in IEEE Hyd section. She was one of the Ambassadors of IEEE Xtreme 10. 0 pro-gramming competition and IEEE Day 2016.She was selected as IEEE Young professional activities Represen-tative for Hyderabad Section for the year 2016.
- Mr M.C. Hitesh, MrLeela Sai Bharadwajof 2013 batch and their team are very much instrumental in achieving 14th position under HPSBC Awards 2016 of IEEE PES chapter.
- Ms Shaik SuraiahThaseen of 2013-17 batch received IEEE Region 10 level Best Women Inspiring student Member for the year 2016 (Awarded in 2017) during Region10 IEEE meeting held at Singapore.
- Mr G. Vijay Bhaskar of 2015-19 batch was selected as Ambassador for IEEE Day 2017.
- Mr G Indra Kumar Reddy of 2014-18 batch served as Public relations Ambassador for IEEExtreme 11.0 programming competition 2017.
- N. Ravisankara Reddy, Associate Professor in EEE Dept and Faculty Advisor for IEEE PES students’ Chapter of GPREC IEEE SB received Member Driven Initiative fund of 2000US$ for the year 2017 and as a part of this a Workshop on “Renewable Energy Systems & Trends (REST-2017)” was conducted on 28 th and 29 th July 2017.
- Mr G Vijay Bhaskar of 205-19 batch received IEEE PES society chapter Member Driven Initiative fund of 1500 $US for the year 2018 in order to conduct All Hyderabad PES chapter Section congress.
- M Ajay Kumar 2015-19 batch received IEEE PES society chapter Member Driven Initiative fund of 250 $US for the year 2018 in order to conduct Renewable Energy based Project demonstration to school children.
- Mr G Vijay Bhaskar of 2015-19 batch, Mr G Indra Kumar Reddy and Mr T Anil Kumar of 2014-18 batch were selected as Volunteers of IEEE Compute India.
- Mr M Ajay Kumar 2015-19 batch was selected as Ambassador to IEEE PES Day Celebrations for the year 2018 in order to conduct various events on the occasion ofPES day.
- Mr G. Vijay Bhaskar of 2015-19 batch was sanctioned an amount of 1500$ US for conducting AHPESSC 2018.
- Mr M Ajay Kumar of 2015-19 batch was sanctioned an amount of 250$ US for conducting Solar based project at a School.