R&D Policy Format for In-House Project Funding Agencies Code of Ethics in Research
Research is the backbone of academics. It simplifies concept building and transforms new ideas into innovations in pursuance of a new era of passion for researches. Each finding gives immense pleasure and multiplies enthusiasm towards achieving target.
- Dr. T. Brahmananda Reddy, Professor of EEE – Convener, R&D Cell
- Dr. M. Sreenivasula Reddy, Assco.Professor of CE – Member
- Dr. S.Sailaja, Asst.Professor of HBS – Member
- Dr. G. Venkata Subba Reddy, Assco.Professor of EEE – Member
- Dr. Shaik Saheb Basha, Professor of ECE – Member
- Dr. H. Raghavendra Rao, Assco.Professor of ME – Member
- Sri. K.Sudhakar, Asst. Professor of CSE – Member
- Sri. K.Ashfaq Ahmed, Asst. Professor of ECS – Member
- To create research awareness among the faculty and students by promoting research in newly emerging, challenging and frontier areas of Engineering, Technology, Science and Humanities.
- To enhance team work between researchers for multidisciplinary research across the departments.
- To create the awareness among the faculty members about various funding agencies such as Government, Private, NGOs, etc and how to send the proposals for the same.
- To establish strategic partnerships and developing funding solutions with industries/research laboratories (centers) / funding agencies for progressive and collaborative research activities.
- To promote the projects and research activities to cater the needs of local community and local industries.
- To enhance the research awareness by conducting various national level and international level workshops, conferences, guest lectures, panel discussions and filed trips.
- To improve the quality of publications, research proposals and patents in order to establish the college as an R&D institution.
- To protect and commercialize the Institute’s intellectual property rights (IPR) by following the IPR norms and regulations.
- To improve the internships, innovative technologies, startups and entrepreneurship activities by collaborating with various reputed academic institutions and industries across the globe.
- To enhance the student/faculty exchange programs and joint research by collaborating with foreign universities.
- To monitor the status of research scholars, mobilization of research funds, performance of individual researcher and departments by conducting regular review meetings.
Functioning of R&D Cell:
- The R & D cell committee shall meet at least twice a semester and the quorum for the meetings shall be the whole number above 50% of the team members. The convener may decide for any additional meetings, whenever it is necessary.
- To make the institute as a Research Centre of affiliating University to offer regular PhD program.
- The R&D cell submit the progress of research scholars and research activities of the college to the affiliating university periodically or as and when called for by the university.
- The R&D cell shall submit the report on various activities of the cell to the Governing Council and IQAC annually.
- To Facilitate timely auditing and submission of utilization certificates to the various sponsored bodies/research organizations.
- To undertake sponsored research projects activities offered by various Government agencies such as AICTE, UGC, DST, DRDO, ISRO, etc and industries.
- To assist for applying and getting funds for conducting International conferences/seminars/Workshops/FDPs from various funding agencies.
- To assist the faculty and students for applying and getting travel grants to attend various events across the globe.
- To conduct workshops/guest lectures/outreach programs/webinars on regular basis to promote industry-institute interaction, research activities, industrial internships, faculty and student exchange activities, etc..
- To encourage the faculty members in publishing more number of research papers in reputed journals, which improves the research profile of the institution.
- To get more MoUs with Institutes of National importance and industries for collaborative research activities, strengthening the curriculum, visiting professors and consultancy works. This will strengthen the research profile of individual faculty members, departments and the institution.
a) Incentives to the Faculty:
Faculty members will be offered a cash incentive of 2.5% of the sanctioned grant for the externally funded project which can be claimed after successful completion of the project. This cash incentive will be paid from the management funds but not from the funds sanctioned to the project. If more than one faculty member is involved in carrying out the project, the incentive amount shall be shared equally among them.
The details of the incentives for publishing papers in various journals / conference/ book chapters, etc are given below:
|S.No||Type of Indexing||Details of Incentives|
|1||Science Citation Index (SCI)/ Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) Journals (First or Second or Third Author eligible)||Rs. 25000/-|
|2||Scopus /Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) Journals with reviewer comments or Q1, Q2 and Q3 Journal categories (First or Second or Third Author eligible)||Rs. 15000/-|
|3||Web of Science or Scopus /Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) Journals without reviewer comments or below Q1 Journal category (First or Second Author eligible)||Rs. 10000/-|
|4||Proceedings in IEEE / ASME / ASCE / Springer / Elsevier / Scopus Indexed Conference or Book Chapters and organized by reputed institutions / organizations (IISc/IIT/NIT, etc.) (First or Second Author eligible)||Rs. 8000/-|
|5||International level Conferences / Seminars /Workshops/FDPs organized by reputed institutions / organizations (IISc/IIT/NIT, etc.)||Up to a maximum of Rs.5000/- towards Registration fee and maximum of Rs.4000/- towards TA/DA.|
|6||International level Conference / Workshop organized at outside India||a. No financial support for the mere participation.
b. For presenting a paper, the financial support will be given to cover TA, DA & Registration Fee limited to Rs.50000/-.
c. For presenting a paper in online mode, the financial support will be given to cover Registration Fee only and is limited to Rs.10000/-.
|7||Faculty with more than 100 citations (cumulative of all the papers) in a year. The citations shall be considered for those publications with author affiliation belonging to G Pulla Reddy Engineering College.||Rs. 10000/-|
|8||Publication of work in books or book chapters (minimum of 4 pages)||Rs. 2000/-|
|9||Publication of Patents (should be on the name of the college, i.e. G. Pulla Reddy Engineering College)
The applicants should be either first or second inventor position only.
|Rs. 5000/- for International
Rs. 3000/- for National
b) Incentives to the Students:
The college is giving one way travelling fare for the students, who won the prizes in various conferences/workshops/symposiums. In order to encourage the students towards the research activities, the college is providing the funding for the fabrication/hardware projects.
In-House Project Scheme:
The college encourages the faculty members to get involved in Research and Development activities by providing initial funding for research projects under In-House Project Scheme. The interested faculty members of GPREC can avail this initial funding facility. By availing this scheme, the faculty members publish good number of research papers in peer reviewed National and International Journals and Conference Proceedings. Also, faculty members are encouraged to attend trainings, FDPs in thrust areas to be abreast with the latest developments.
- In-house project scheme is initiated by inviting proposals from the faculty of all departments. In this regard, a circular from the Principal is issued every on-behalf of R&D cell of the college.
- Faculty members can apply individually or as a team, with a maximum of three members including the Principal Investigator.
- R&D cell provides in-house project proposal format on the website of the college.
- All the proposals received are scrutinized by Research Review Committee constituted by the R&D Cell and Principal of the college.
- Based on the merits of the proposals, the committee recommends for provisional acceptance of the proposals.
- The Principal and R&D Cell committee members will select the final in-house project proposals based on the recommendations of the Research Review Committee.
- Maximum duration of the In-House Project is for TWO years from the sanctioned date of project.
- At least one full length publication in SCI/SCIE/Scopus/ESCI indexed Journal, related to the sanctioned in-house project is mandatory. The team members can also opt for patent(s) filing depending on the feasibility and applicability of the work, if they wish in place of journal publication(s).
- R & D Cell monitors the progress of in-house projects through periodic reviews.
- After completion of the project, the R&D Cell provides necessary help and motivates the faculty to submit research proposals to the major funding agencies, like, AICTE, DST, UGC and other funding agencies for further analysis and deeper/advanced research extension activities.
Funded Projects: ClickHere to Download
|Year||Scheme||Name of the Coordinator||Dept.||Amount Sanctioned Non recurring||Amount Sanctioned Recurring||Sanctioned Letter Date||Sanctioned Letter Number|
|2021-22||AICTE-ISTE||Dr. T.BRAMHANANDA REDDY||EEE||Rs. 93,000/-||17-09-2021||ISTE/AICTE-ISTE FDP/2021-22|
|2020-21||AICTE-SPICES||Dr. C. Harinatha Reddy||EEE||Rs. 1,00,000/-||F.NO.10-13/AICTE/IDC/SPICES/2020-21|
|2020-21||ATAL- AICTE||Dr. M. Sreenivasula Reddy||CE||Rs. 93,000/-||F.NO. 01/AICTE/ATAL-HQ/2020-21/182(5)|
|2020-21||ATAL- AICTE||Dr. C. Harinatha Reddy||EEE||Rs. 93,000/-||F.NO. 01/AICTE/ATAL-HQ/2020-21/199(20)|
|2020-21||ATAL- AICTE||Dr. C. Sreedhar||CSE||Rs. 93,000/-||F.NO. 01/AICTE/ATAL-HQ/2020-21/1095(1)|
|2020-21||ATAL- AICTE||Dr. Salai Thillai Thilagam||ECE||Rs. 93,000/-||F.NO. 01/AICTE/ATAL-HQ/2020-21/353|
|2020-21||ATAL- AICTE||Dr. G. Amjad Kahan||ECE||Rs. 93,000/-||21-10-2021||F.NO. 01/AICTE/ATAL-HQ/2020-21/299|
|2020-21||ATAL- AICTE||Dr. Salai Thillai Thilagam||ECE||Rs. 93,000/-||22-12-2020||F.NO. 01/AICTE/ATAL-HQ/2020-21/1052(17)|
|2020-21||ATAL- AICTE||Dr.Shaik Saheb Basha||ECE||Rs. 93,000/-||03-12-2020||F.NO. 01/AICTE/ATAL-HQ/2020-21/1052(9)|
|2019-20||MODROBS||Dr. T.BRAMHANANDA REDDY||EEE||Rs.10,94,999/-||Rs.1,93,235/-||20-07-2020||F.No.9-127/IDC/MODROB/Policy-1/2019-20|
|2019-20||STTP||Dr. ABDUL KHAYUM PINJARI||ECE||Rs. 3,11,333/-||12-10-2020||Ref.No. 34-66/304/FDC/STTP/Policy-1/2019-20|
|2019-20||STTP||Dr. SRINIVAS DORAISWAMY||ECE||Rs. 1,89,167/-||12-10-2020||Ref.No. 34-66/303/FDC/STTP/Policy-1/2019-20|
|2019-20||MODROB- RURAL||Dr. N. KASIVISWANATH||CSE||Rs. 6,74,334/-||Rs. 1,19,000/-||16-05-2019||F.No.84-93/RIFD/MODROB/Rural/Policy-1/2019-20|
|2019-20||UGC-TRAVEL GRANT||Dr. R. MEENAKSHI REDDY||ME||Rs. 92,803/-||19-08-2019||F.No.6-419/2018(TG)|
|2019-20||DST-NIMAT (EAC)||Dr. GUDIMETTA SURESH KUMAR||ME||Rs. 20,000/-||12-08-2019||EDII/DST-NIMAT/19-20/145|
|2018-19||AICTE-ISTE Induction Programme||Dr. N. RAVI SANKARA REDDY||EEE||Rs. 3,00,000/-||11-03-2020||ISTE/AICTE-ISTE FDPI-3514127240/2018-19|
|2018-19||PMKVY-TI||PRINCIPAL||Rs. 15,15,125/-||22-02-2019||F.No. 5-8/PMKVY-TI/2018-19/SCRO/1-3514127240|
|2018-19||MODROBS||Dr. VENKATA JUNNALAGADDA||CE||Rs. 10,20,000/-||Rs. 1,80,000/-||03-12-2019||F.No.9-139/RIFD/MOD/Policy-1/2018-19|
|2018-19||AICTE-ISTE Induction Programme||Dr. Y.V. SIVA REDDY||EEE||Rs. 3,00,000/-||13-06-2018||ISTE/AICTE-ISTE Induction /Refresher Program/2018|
|2017-18||GOC||Dr. SURYAKARI NAGARAJA RAO||ECE||Rs. 5,00,000/-||28-02-2019||F.No.67-64/RIFD/GOC/POL-1/2017-18|
|2017-18||FDP||Dr. KAVITHA DWARAM||CSE||Rs. 5,47,000/-||09-03-2019||F.No.34-55/56/RIFD/FDP/Policy-1/2017-18|
|2017-18||UNNAT BHARAT ABHIYAN||Dr.M NAGAPHANI SASTRY||ME||Rs. 50,000/-||01-10-2018||224/C26905|
|2017-18||MODROBS||Dr. T.BRAMHANANDA REDDY||EEE||Rs. 4,94,118/-||Rs. 1,05,882/-||08-09-2017||Ref.No. 9-114/RIFD/MODROB/Policy-1/2016-17|
|2017-18||MODROBS||Dr. K. SURESH REDDY||ECE||Rs. 4,44,706/-||Rs. 95,294/-||08-09-2017||Ref.No. 9-145/RIFD/MODROB/Policy-1/2016-17|
|2017-18||MINOR RESEARCH PROJECT||K. DEVAKI DEVI||ME||Rs. 1,95,000/-||Rs. 25,000/-||30-06-2017||No.F MRP-6739/16(SERO/UGC)|
|2017-18||MINOR RESEARCH PROJECT||K. SUDHAKAR||CSE||Rs. 69,400/-||Rs. 30,000/-||30-06-2017||F.NO:4-4/2015-16(MRP/UGC-SERO)|
|2017-18||MINOR RESEARCH PROJECT||Dr.R.PRAVEEN SAM||CSE||Rs.1,62,000/-||Rs.75,000/-||20-02-2017||No.F MRP-4557/14 GEN/(UGC-SERO)|
|2016-17||PMKVY-TI||PRINCIPAL||Rs. 11,09,700/-||13-02-2017||F.No. 2-7/SDC/PMKVY/SCRO/16-17/1-2812957737|
ONGOING INHOUSE PROJECTS – 2019-2020
|S.No||Name of the Principal Investigator||Dept.||Project Title||Financial Assistance Required in Rs.|
|1||Dr C. Harinatha Reddy||EEE||Virtual Reality in Education||1,80,000/-|
|2||Dr H. Raghavendra Rao||ME||Development of films using composites with New Natural fibers||2,20,000/-|
|3||Ms. M. Chaitanya||ECE||Smart Gadget for Women Safety using IoT||35,000/-|
|4||Dr E. Sanjeeva Rayudu||CE||Solid Waste Management for GPREC Campus||3,20,000/-|
|5||Dr. G. Eranna||HBS||IoT based Ammonia Gas Sensor: Detection, Study and Evaluation||50,000/-|
|6||Dr D. Kavitha||CSE||Development of an early warning system for At-risk students prediction and systematic proactive intervention in a course||80,000/-|
|7||Dr C. Sreedhar||CSE||Predicting the Severity in Diabetic Retinopathy using Machine Learning.||50,000/-|
Research Centre Recognition :
The management, knowing the importance of R&D has been magnanimous to sanction necessary funds for Research and Development. The college has research centres recognized by JNTUA, Anatapuramu in which faculty and students from various institutions outside the college besides the faculty and students from this college who are interested in enhancing their qualifications by registering for their research degrees.
The disciplines in which research centres have been set up are:
1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
4. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
5. Computer Science and Engineering
Scholar Details :
|S.No||Name of the Scholar||Enrolment No.||Date of Enrolment||Topic||Name of the Supervisor||Work Status|
|1||N C Sandeep||13PH0322||01/07/2014||Studies and Comparison of the Properties of Natural Fibre and Synthetic Fibre Reinforced Bio Composites||D. H. Raghavendra Rao||Awarded|
|2||J. Balakrishna||13PH0214||01/07/2014||Performance Improvements of the Dual Inverter Fed Open End Winding Five Phase Induction Motor Drives||Dr. T. Brahmananda Reddy||Ongoing|
|3||Poornima||13PH0525||01/07/2014||Security Mechanisms for Data management and Accessing for Hybrid Clouds||Dr. N. Kasiviswanath||Awarded|
|4||Kisan Ajay||14PH0431||02-05-2015||Scalable and Robust Burst Scheduling for Optimal Switching in WDM Networks||Dr. K. Suresh Reddy||Awarded|
|5||N. Anantha Krishna||14PH0324||15-04-2015||A Treatise on Alchemy of Ancient Materials and Casting Process||Dr. Y.V. Mohan Reddy||Awarded|
|6||B. Mallikarjuna||15PH0234||01-06-2016||Optimal Solution for Economic and Emission Dispatch with Renewable Sources using Different optimization Techniques||Dr. Y. V. Siva Reddy||Ongoing|
|7||Lakshmi Prasanna||15PH0526||01-06-2016||Improving the Performance of Data Centres in Wireless Networks||Dr. S. Zahoorul Haq||Ongoing|
|8||A Ravi Theja||15PH0118||01-06-2016||Development of Macro Mechanical Model for High Strength Concrete||Dr. T. Chandra Sekhar Reddy||Submitted|
|9||M Jayalakshmi||16PH0432||03-07-2017||Robust image De-Noising in Biomedical Applications||Dr. S. Nagaraja Rao||Ongoing|
|10||P Venkateshwar Reddy||16PH0330||04-07-2017||Process Parameters Effect on Tube Hydro Forming Process||Dr. B. Veerabadra Reddy||Awarded|
|11||B Gururaj||16PH0226||05-07-2017||Real Time Implementation and Controller Design of Power Electronics of Electric drive Technology in hybrid Electrical Vehicle.||Dr. K. Srigowri||Thesis Submitted|
|12||J Jayaprakash Reddy||16PH0124||06-07-2017||Evaluation of Seepage Analysis and Control Measures for Earthen Dams||Dr. B.J.S Varaprasad||Submitted|
|13||L Neelu||16PH0526||13-07-2017||Managing Interconnected Devices by Enhancing Software Metrics||Dr.D.Kavitha||PreTalk is Completed|
|14||K Madhurima||19PH0321||16-09-2020||Characterization, Parametric Modelling and Optimization of Additively Manufactured and Heat Treated Aluminium Alloy Component||Dr.K.Devaki Devi||Ongoing|
|15||R Rohit||19PH0214||17-09-2020||Design and Analysis of Photovoltaic Inverter with Extended Input Voltage Range and Harmonic Distortion at Different Operational Condition||Dr.G.Kishor||Ongoing|
|16||G Sulakshana||19PH0507||17-09-2020||Machine Learning Based Approach for Energy Efficient and QoS Enhancement in Wireless Sensor Networks||Dr.K. Govardhan Reddy||Ongoing|
|17||Jalagadugu Anusha||19PH0437||06-11-2020||Precise vlsi-fpga Architecture for AI based Adaptive Filters using LMS Algorithm||Dr.S. Nagaraja Rao||Ongoing|
Research Consultancy Department wise
|Name of the experimental setup||Contact person for consultancy|
|Universal Testing Machine (INSTRON Made 3369)||Dr. H. Raghavendra Rao|
|Wear Testing Machine (Ducom Made)||Dr. E. Venugopal Goud|
|Thermal Energy Storage System||Dr. R. Meenakshi Reddy|
|Diesel Engine||Dr. R. Meenakshi Reddy|
|FFT Analyzer||Dr. P. Harishanker|
|CNC Machine and Lathe with Dynamometer setup||Dr. E. Venugopal Goud|
|Stir Casting Machine||Dr. E. Venugopal Goud|
Research publications during the last three years
No . of Publications
No . of Publications
No . of Publications
Call for Research Proposals from various funding agencies :
Grants for Conference / Workshop / Seminars / Symposia (isro.gov.in)